Here’s 10 facts about writing Izzy’s Cold Feet –
- Izzy’s name was originally Alice. I’m not sure why I changed it…
- I had a different ending planned, but Izzy took me in a different direction.
- My editor was none other than Jeff Gardiner, author of Myopia. Check him out here >
- The hardest part to write was the blurb.
- Izzy loves to cook, and so do I. Here’s one of my favourite recipes.
- I first starting having ideas about writing this story on holiday in 2009… I remember sitting by the pool and thinking about it. It just took me a few years to put those thoughts into action!
- When I submitted my manuscript to my publisher, Crooked Cat, the story was untitled. I thought of “Izzy’s Cold Feet” a few days later.
- When I write, I often forget to drink or eat. My husband has to keep reminding me. If it weren’t for him, I’d be dead from dehydration.
- I had a book launch party for my first book and guests were asked to suggest the name of a character for my next book for a bit of fun. A handful of the names suggested have made it and feature for some minor characters (several were too ridiculous to use!)
- There are two cats that make an appearance in the story: Fred and Sherlock.
So, there you go…
In the meantime, the Kindle version of my first novel Amy & Zach is currently on sale for only 77p or 99c! Download while it’s cheap for your holiday reading 🙂