Milton Keynes has a bit of a bad reputation, which for the most part, is pretty unfair. So here’s a blog about my hometown:
Common myths about Milton Keynes:
- It’s a concrete city – no way! MK has loads of parks, lakes, and more trees than any other city in Europe.
- It all looks the same – maybe from the road, but come and look closer, and you’ll see it’s not.
- Milton Keynes is boring. Nope. We’ve got indoor skiing and skydiving, night clubs, tonnes of restaurants, an amazing theatre, a football team, Europe’s longest shopping centre, water sports, museums … to name but a few.
What it does lack, I admit:
- A bit of character – everything is new and modern.
- Mountains or hills with a view … it’s pretty flat around here.
- Infrastructure (they’ve built all these houses but the hospital and other facilities cannot cope)
Great things about MK:
- You’re never more than 15 minutes away from whatever you need.
- It’s in the middle of the country, so it’s easy to visit London or travel north.
- Some amazing people live here 😉