So, just 3 days to go until the release of my fourth novel The Truth About Ellen.
Here are some random facts:
- Ellen has a ginger cat called Bob
- Ellen’s Gran has a little story all of her own …
- I wrote this story in about 6 months, but it’s been in my head for about 6 years
- When I tell friends about the blurb (see below), they ask if this story is my Take That fantasy and the characters are based on Gary Barlow and Robbie Williams! Ha! For the record, although I’m sure I’ve got some inspiration from my Thatter (and other bands) fandom, the characters are entirely fictional
- Having said that, I would probably behave in the same way Ellen does if I met one of Take That (i.e. get over-excited)
- Most of the story was written with my dog Poppy sitting besides me
- Several “cool” cars feature in the story, including a Porsche 911, an Austin Healey and a Bugatti Veyron
- Ellen travels to Monaco, I visited it a few years back – very cool place
The Truth About Ellen
It’s every girl’s dream to date a pop star…
When Ellen starts dating Tom, a member of the band she adored as a teenager, she can’t believe how lucky she is. She neglects to mention that she’s a huge fan because that just wouldn’t be cool, would it?
Ellen also keeps quiet about how she once spent an evening with Tom’s ex-bandmate/ex-best friend Jasper, her long-term celebrity crush. Tom doesn’t need to know about that, it’s all in the past.
That is until Tom and Jasper get back in touch… and the truth threatens to ruin everything Ellen has ever dreamed of…
The Truth About Ellen is available to pre-order from: